Tiny Screen

 Tiny Screen

How addicted am I to this tiny screen…
I fit my whole life into it…
My best memories…

My high school graduation...
Celebrating with friends at the pilaf shop...
Throwing bagels to the seagulls on the ferry...
Our museum visits...

Cellphone addiction



How addicted am I to this tiny screen…
I fit my whole life into it…
The voices of my whole family...

The voice of my mother ringing me to dinner while I was sitting in my room...
The voice of my grandmother working in the fields while I was at home, on holiday, between TV series...
The voice of my late mother, whom I could not go to because of my work, but whom I watched on videos...
My father's scoldings to which I said "Uh-huh..." while writing an e-mail at breakfast...

How addicted am I to this tiny screen…
I fit my whole life into it…
All my joyless "joys"...

My endless search for joy in endless short videos...
My search for mood in endless playlists...
My competition with unreal beauty standards...
My texts with that boy, whom I will never be able to talk to when I come face to face...

Phone in the Dark

How I fit my whole life into it…
While it should have been a support in my life, it became my reason for living.
While I thought I would be happy in it’s presence and normal in your absence,
I felt normal in it’s presence and unhappy in it’s absence.

If life stopped...
If all I had was you and me...
If I look at you with my neck down forever...
If I look at you with my mouth open while eating...
Even though I was done in the toilet half an hour ago, if I still look at you...
If I look at you while breastfeeding my child...

Turning back to back in bed with my husband,
He hasn't spoken a word for the last two hours.
We send each other videos we find funny,
While we were watching those videos in silence 
And sending “LMFAO, LOL” to each other!


How addicted am I to this tiny screen…
I fit my whole life into it…

Who will help me get out of the tiny screen now?





Yorum Gönder

3 Yorumlar